Thursday, August 16, 2007

Getting back into blogging

The question is why haven't I been blogging. The answer could easily be a new job, but I think in reality it has a lot to with the fact that I turned down a chance at international competition for said job and now I am bummed. Judo class is going okay. We have a lot of beginners and I spend most of my time working with them. I don't mind, but I still haven't competed yet and I am feeling less competent rather than more because we haven't been doing much stand up work because of the new people. I get they still have to learn ukemi. I get that I need to learn patience and that I am in a small club. But I am still bummed. More than anything I wish that I could do it all and I can't. We always sacrifice one thing for another.

I think it is time for some yoga and more cardio. I have really neglected my conditioning and have been only doing judo. Yoga is always grounding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back...I've been missing you. And really, don't be bummed about not going to that competition. If you haven't competed in the past and are a gokyu, do you honestly think you should be going and competing in international competitions? Baby steps. I'm sure you're doing great just where you are...and hopefully in southern California for the Judo Forum Camp when it comes!

Dr. AnnMaria said...

Hi,
I saw your comment on the judo forum. You are probably right about people not exactly knowing remembering what it is like to be a beginner. I have been in judo 37 years - I was 49 yesterday (happy birthday to me) so I don't remember exactly. However, I do teach beginners, and I think many of us do. You can post your question on the category under my name on the judo forum and I will try to answer it the best I can, or you can send me a personal message from there.

If you have not been to the All-Womens Tournament in Michigan in November, try to go this year. It is awesome. I am doing a clinic for a day and bringing some girls from California.

 
Get your own free hit counter from SurferStats Counter!