Thursday, May 08, 2008

Laziness and a lapse in Wellness

I am fat...I am unmotivated...I am bored with judo.

But yet I keep going to every class. We are a mostly newaza club and I think I have had enough. I need to lose weight more than anything. I have let the stress of work..changing jobs yet again...and life in general get me down. I really want to make a commitment to judo, to my new new job and to myself. I have considered aikido. Perhaps I have gone as far as I can where I am, but I am not ready to give up the martial arts.

This is not how I imagined my early 30s to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can feel your pain. I am thirty seven years old, and overweight as well. I started Judo about 8 months ago as a plan to lose weight. I haven't. One ting that I do know however, is that I feel my cardio has gotten a lot better. I can do things physically without getting so out of breath. I am no Judo champ, and may never be. I am also far above the wieght I wish I were at. But don't underestimate what a benefit to quality of life it is to be more fit. At least that's what I tell myself to keep going.

Feeling your pain and frustration...

 
Get your own free hit counter from SurferStats Counter!