Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Scared

I am scared of the change. The new job begins two weeks from yesterday. I am really scared that I am not going to be able to juggle my family and my work. Judo is not nearly as satisfying as it once was. I am tired today and still sore from Saturday. The work out was good, but I really feel like I lack focus in my training. What am I training for? November is still there as a goal, but it has seemed an awful long time to wait for a first shiai. I get more irritated on the judo forum. Obviously I get information there, but of course it is not as good as having someone show me the answers to my questions. I don't think some of the more experienced people on the forum have any idea of what it is like to be a beginner in a small club working slowly on the basics. I have always thought there was way too much judgement on there. You have to wade through the judgement to learn anything from it. I am dissatisfied, but what can I do but be patient. I have limited training partners and it sucks being the shortest, the only woman etc... Today it just sucks to be me.

Hope I shrug off the bad attitude soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there. November may seem a long way off, but it'll be here before you know it.

But, most importantly, make sure you're enjoying judo. If you're not getting enjoyment from it in some capacity, it's possible it isn't for you either...unfortunately it's not for everyone.

I enjoy your posts and your blog, so I do hope you stick with it.

 
Get your own free hit counter from SurferStats Counter!