Friday, June 15, 2007

Balance
I am striking a balance in my life. I am moving from stay-at-home Mom to working mother. My daughter will attend a Montessori school in the Fall. I am excited for her...I am excited for me. My mental health is doing well. Unfortunately, the job is a night job so I will have the challenge of being up all night and asleep all day--then off to pick daughter from school. I will work four tens which is a plus. I love three day weekends.

As to judo...I am making it a priority. I didn't accept an evening shift position for that very reason. Judo is my prozac. I have to have it at least twice a week. On an aside, who would have thought that there is so much to uchi mata. I am not at all the right height for it, but on occasion I do get it. I am finding that I need more tai sabaki movement in order to get my leg in the right position. Of course I have yet to try it on someone my own size. Working with people a foot taller and 25 pounds heavier makes it harder. I think in reality I wouldn't use uchi mata on someone that size, but I have little choice in training partners at this point.
I am completely exhausted today from judo class. I still have that treading water feeling. I really want to compete, but there is nothing to compete in at the moment. It gets claustraphobic in our class sometimes.

No comments:

 
Get your own free hit counter from SurferStats Counter!