Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Monkey Bars

My upper body workout now includes the monkey bars. I do partial pull ups, knee lifts and of course just go across. What a great way for a mother to get her exercise. I also have my daughter cheering me on. You can do it, Mama!

Judo tomorrow. As always I am excited. I have decided to stay away from the philosphical discussion on the judo forum. It gets depressing and ends up being unhelpful to my own personal growth. History -- useful, techniques --useful (as long as I understand I can't learn from internet only), been there done that stories -- useful, people moaning and arguing over the deeper meanings of judo -- not useful to me at all. I do have my own deep meaning, but I think at this point it hasn't helped me to share them. Part of this is because people can't just discuss at the judo forum. There is so much judgement. Maybe I learn better by doing anyway.

Rock climbing next week. Woohoo!! Husband is coming with me!

So I am progressing. Still don't know how to deal with some of the new attention I am getting from losing weight. In yoga I look nothing like the other women. In fact I prefer sitting next to the guy in the class because I am built more like him. Then again it is real challenge for someone with my body type.

No comments:

 
Get your own free hit counter from SurferStats Counter!